How can EEF help you?
Taking on an apprentice may seem daunting, but we have worked with thousands of companies to train their apprentices. And, with over a quarter of UK manufacturers being EEF members, we understand your needs.
We are as much a training partner as training provider and can offer a wide range of services to help you set up and run a successful apprenticeship programme:
- We work with you to evaluate your business and help identify skills gaps.
- We can help you write the job description to ensure you hire exactly the right kind of apprentice for your business.
- We offer advice and recommendations on wage rates/salaries and employment contracts, giving you peace of mind that your apprentice is being fairly compensated.
- We have access to the National Apprentice Vacancy Matching Service (NAVMS), an online resource used in schools and careers offices across the UK. This system is not available to companies but as an approved training provider, we can post the vacancy on your behalf.
- We can collect and sift CVs on your behalf, setting up selection testing to ensure you only meet the most suitable candidates.
- We can set up interviews and because of our years of experience we know just how to get the best out of the young people we interview.
- We can provide advice and guidance on the latest government funding levels and how to access it.
Our team has the manufacturing expertise and industry background to really understand your business. This technical knowledge allows us to guide and advise you on the specific skills and qualifications an apprentice will need to acquire in order to meet your business’s needs.
- We deliver apprenticeship training at our purpose-built training centre in Birmingham. Our tutors, many of whom have been apprentices themselves, are highly experienced and know just how to get the best out of the young people they teach.
- For companies based outside of the Midlands area, we work together with one of our carefully selected partners to deliver high quality apprenticeship training, local to your business.
- We administer examinations and testing.
- We can provide additional training should it be required including additional practical and academic skills training (beyond the current apprenticeship syllabus) either on-site or at our training centre. Click here to browse our range of training courses.
- We provide support for both the apprentice and you, the company throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Every apprentice is assigned a monitoring officer to ensure the apprenticeship programme runs effectively and to identify and resolve any issues that may arise.
To discuss your requirements in more detail, please get in touch to speak to an experienced advisor.