How EEF can help you
Because we work with manufacturers every day, we know exactly the kinds of skills businesses are looking for. And because all of our trainers have worked in industry, you'll be learning from the best.
Using our years of experience, we help you in many different ways, even before you start an apprenticeship, such as:
- We regularly attend careers fairs to allow you to talk to us about your options.
- We often speak at schools and colleges alongside some of our current apprentices so you can hear first-hand what it's like to be an apprentice.
- We can advise you on the many career options in engineering and manufacturing and on the different paths open to you.
- Based on your qualifications or predicted grades we can suggest which apprenticeships may be best for you.
- We talk you through the recruitment process and how to use the National Apprenticeship Vacancy Matching System (NAVMS) to help you find the apprenticeship most suited to you.
- We hold open days at the Birmingham centre to let you see the range of machinery you will learn to use and practical skills you will get.
- We do selection testing and interviews and give you valuable feedback to help you improve your interview technique.
Once you're on board, we always provide mentoring throughout your apprenticeship to support you all the way, even when you are at work.
To find out more, get in touch with Barry Jones, EEF Apprentices and Skills Recruitment & Mentoring Officer.